인기상품

커뮤니티 최신글

접속자집계

오늘
어제
최대
전체

고객게시판 

Jim Carrey hits back at his girlfriend's 'heartles…

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Jeffrey
댓글 0건 조회 5회 작성일 22-07-02 17:45

본문

Jim Carrey has slammed the estranged husband of Cathriona White for trying to 'profit from her death' by suing the star over the drugs she used to end her own life.  

The actor issued a defiant statement after Mark Burton filed the suit claiming Carrey illegally obtained and then distributed Ambien, Popranolol and Percocet to his girlfriend.
Bottles of those three pills were found in White's home along with her lifeless body in September last year. They were all prescribed to Arthur King, an alias used by Carrey.
However, Carrey's lawyer, Marty Singer, has called the lawsuit a shameless shakedown and says his client is blameless while Carrey has called the lawsuit 'heartless', insisting: 'Cat's troubles were born long before I met her'.
Carrey said: 'There are moments in life when you have to stand up and defend your honor against the evil in this world. I will not tolerate this heartless attempt to exploit me or the woman I loved.'
Scroll down for video 
Happier times: Mark Burton is suing Jim Carrey for the wrongful death of Cathriona White (White above with Carrey in May 2015)
Allegation: Burton (above), who was White's estranged husband at the time of her death, claims Carrey illegally obtained and distributed pills to White
He added: 'Cat's troubles were born long before I met her and sadly her tragic end was beyond anyone's control. I really hope someday soon people will stop trying to profit from this and

Share this article
325 shares

Prescriptions issued to celebrities under aliases became an issue when Los Angeles prosecutors attempted unsuccessfully to obtain felony convictions against two of Anna Nicole Smith's doctors and her lawyer-boyfriend over prescription drugs she obtained before her accidental overdose in 2007.
Defense lawyers contended the aliases were used to protect Smith's privacy, and last year a judge who dismissed the final felony counts against Smith's confidante Howard K. Stern said it was a common practice. 

In the court papers, Burton paints Carrey as being incredibly controlling of White and claims that he texted her after her death to make it seem as though she had stolen the pills in order to save himself from a possible police investigation.
White's autopsy, which was released in July, showed that she died from a fatal overdose of prescription pills including Ambien, Popranolol and Percocet. 
 'On information and belief, after White committed suicide, and in an effort to cover-up his conduct and complicity in her death, CARREY sent a bogus text message on September 27, 2015 to White (who was already deceased) pretending as though he had misplaced the drugs and insinuating the White may have taken them from CARREY,' reads Burton's complaint.
Burton, 49, also takes issue with the fact that despite Carrey and his assistant having a surveillance camera set up at White's residence, neither of them checked on the woman or alerted authorities despite the fact that she had not left her residence in 24 hours.
He then states that if Carrey had not seen White leave the home for 24 hours and believed she had stolen his drugs he would have called law enforcement after she did not return his text.
Morning: Burton also claims that despite reports to the contrary, Carrey 'never paid a dime' of White's funeral expenses (above with his daughter Jane)
In the complaint Burton claims that White passed away 'on or around September 24' of last year, with her body being found four days later.
Burton claims in the court papers that Carrey did not in fact pay for any of White's funeral expenses, despite reports that said he funded her burial ceremony back in Ireland. 
'CARREY and his handlers made considerable efforts to publicize his supposed generosity as it related to the death of White,' reads Burton's complaint.
'They did so, on information and belief, in an effort to paint CARREY as a "grieving good guy" as opposed to an individuals who had illegally obtained and provided the drugs that killed White.'
Burton claims however that in the end Carrey 'never paid a dime of the funeral expenses' and 'reneged on his promise after learning that White had left a minimal amount of money to her family.' 
Carrey was one of the pallbearers at White's funeral in Ireland, which he attended with his daughter Jane. 
Burton is asking Carrey to pay for all burial expenses, his lawyer's fees, the costs of the suit and punitive damages.
He has requested a jury trial and is being represented by Michael Avenatti. 
Final resting place: The entrance to to Cappawhite graveyard in  Ireland, where White was laid to rest (above)
White married Burton on January 15, 2013 at the Heavenly Bliss Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas.
The wedding took place a few months after White's father had died and she had apparently been unable to leave the United States for the funeral, as she did not have legal immigration status.
A wedding would have regularized her status.
'I understand that she and Mr Burton were going to divorce but they were still officially married at the time of her death so he is her official next-of-kin. However, he can cede his right to her possessions to her family if he wishes,' Ed Winter, the assistant chief of the Los Angeles coroner's office, told .
He also said that many of White's friends were not even aware of the fact that she was married, despite the fact that he was listed as next-of-kin on the death certificate.
White and Burton worked together on the short films The Online Gamer: Zombies and The Online Gamer: Wedding, with Burton working as a cameraman and White the makeup artist. 

Burton had been living in Oregon at the time of White's death. He is believed to be a Scientologist. 
White had been taking classes at the Celebrity Center shortly before her death, and even posted a photo of herself in a sauna doing the detoxification program for her purif.
Tagged: Mark Burton was photographed by Cathriona White in an Instragam post in summer 2014, where he is second from left in tinted safety glasses. She captioned it: 'Friends that shoot together, stay together!'
Work: The couple also worked together on the short films The Online Gamer: Zombies and The Online Gamer: Wedding (Buron above)
White had broken up with Carrey just a few days before she took her own life, and wrote about the break-up in a note she left behind.
The report on her death shows that White had told friends prior to her death that she was 'madly in love' with Carrey and that their relationship was a 'rollercoaster'.
It states that she tied her identity to Carrey's and that if she felt he was 'slipping away' from her she would become 'depressed'.
According to the report White's lifeless body was found in her bed dressed in a red T-shirt and black underwear surrounded by prescription bottles. She had a cell phone in her hand.
The pretty brunette had penned a suicide note and a longer letter in the hours before her death and carefully laid out her wishes.
Wrestling with her emotions she left the note and the letter, which she placed in an envelope addressed to 'Jim Carrey co/Nicole (Montez, Carrey's personal assistant)' on the dining room table.
White wrote to the actor: 'I've spent 3 days now in disbelief that you're not here. I can go on brokenhearted and try to put the pieces back. I could, walmart pharmacy I just don't have the will this time.
'I'm sorry you felt I wasn't there for you. I tried to give you my best part.'
Discussing details of her funeral, she said matter-of-factly: 'I don't really know about burial or that sort of thing. You are my family so whatever you choose will be fine.'
She added, asking for forgiveness: 'Please forgive me. I'm just not for this world.'
White also asked for her belongings to be sold and given to her family.
She signed off the note with 'Dewdrop' - presumably a pet name given to her by Carrey.
Sad days: White (above in selfies she posted to Instagram shortly before her death) had recently split with Carrey when she took her own life
Back at it: White posted a photo of herself in a sauna (above)  doing the detoxification program for her purif
Before taking her life, White also carefully packed up items belonging to her ex-husband Burton and marked the box as being his property.
Investigator Kelli Blanchard said in her report that White did not have any other injuries and her body showed early signs of decomposition - suggesting she had been dead for a number of days. 
The report stated that she had no known mental health issues in the US but that friends said that she did have 'depressive qualities' and may have attempted to overdose on pills around two and half years before.
Friends initially became worried when White, originally from County Tipperary, Ireland, 'signed off' on her Twitter account on September 24, four days before her body was found, and wasn't heard from afterward.
That same day she sent what would be her last text message - a request asking if Carrey was awake, and if so whether he could call her.
White and Carrey had a three-minute FaceTime call a couple of hours later. That was the last activity on her phone.
It appears that following that call White slumped into a deep depression and locked herself away in the home.
It was an investigator who found the text message sent by Carrey the day before White died asking if she knew where his painkillers were, as he couldn't find them under the sink.
It stated that there was a full prescription under an assumed name, 'Arthur King', with anti-inflammatories for the star's back and that the bottles were no longer there.
White never replied. 
Family: White with her mother, sister and brother on her sister's wedding day (above)
According to the report, her body was found by friends who had gone to her residence after a third party told them she had broken up with Carrey the week before.
Dennis Bradshaw and his wife Lena had gone to the home with Montez after not hearing from White after the split.
They tried to gain entry through the front door, but found it locked. They eventually managed to gain entry through a side door, after calling her cell phone and hearing it ring inside.
Dennis Bradshaw found Carrey's number on White's phone and called him to tell him the woman was dead.
One friend, Jenny Burpee, told police that White had 'depressive qualities,' and that when she and Carrey had broken up in 2013, White had 'literally' not eaten or slept for a year afterwards.
White got back to her usual self in the six months after that; Carrey reconnected with her and they started dating again in 2014, Burpee said.
She also recalled how White had overdosed on pills around two to two-and-a-half years ago and had been found by another assistant of Carrey's at the time.
The document confirmed that White was previously married to Burton, who said that he was aware that his former wife suffered with depressive episodes and had spoken about suicide.
If you need to speak to a counselor, contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline by calling 1 (800) 273-8255. 

data-track-module="am-external-links^external-links">
Read more:

DM.later('bundle', function()
DM.has('external-source-links', 'externalLinkTracker');
);

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

회사명 (주) 셀텍 주소 경기도 화성시 향남읍 토성로 310-21
사업자 등록번호 124-86-31142 대표 배기영 전화 031-366-3817 팩스 031-366-5124
통신판매업신고번호 개인정보 보호책임자 정보책임자명
Copyright © 2001-2013 (주) 셀텍. All Rights Reserved.

고객센터

031-366-3817

월-금 am 9:00 - pm 05:00
점심시간 : am 12:00 - pm 01:00